Wednesday, May 30, 2012

D152 - Lighting

Light is light, whether big or small, all we can do is manipulate it. By changing the intensity,  the direction, making it softer, apply a color, and a host of other ways to alter how it falls. A great resource for learning light is the Strobist Blog. The site has several lighting courses that will help you see and understand light and it's modifiers. Additionally, there are real world applications of what is taught in the lessons, which help you to reverse engineer an images lighting setup. This comes in handy when reversing the reverse for a similar situation at your own gig or just to have a new technique to add to your bag-o-tricks. There are plenty of other outlets online to learn about lighting, but I just wanted to share one of my favorites. That is actually the first site I followed when I wanted to take my light to a higher level. Strobist is a great place to learn something new just about everyday. But you don't have to take my word for it! (Yes, a Reading Rainbow reference, make me feel old.)

Enjoy & Light up!


Ja mata, Brian

0 comments: